small Kitchen makeover
Why came to RKR Kitchens
– Was referred to RKR Kitchens as we had done her friends kitchen
– Didn’t want a new kitchen as very happy with existing layout
– Couldn’t find many places interested in doing makeovers all they wanted to do was sell new kitchens
– Stone companies don’t remove old bench or organize trades like plumber & electrician
Reason to update
– Update old laminated bench top with a modern stone
– Add value to move
– Larger island bench so can sit properly on other side
– Nowhere to sit
– Hate laminate colour and marks easily
Discussed options available – standard stone is either 20mm or 40mm. As client would like to keep existing splash back wall tiles we quoted 40mm. The reason is existing Laminate bench was 34mm therefore need to go 40mm so can butt stone up against the splashback wall tiles. If went 20mm stone there would be a 14mm (under the tiles) gap. The other option is a shadow line to lift bench height, but most clients prefer the look of the 40mm thick solid bench look.
Removed existing bench, installed 40mm Stone benchtop, coordinated all trades, Cost $5,056
Why went with RKR
rkr where only company that explained and quoted on all options available so customer could decide.